September is coming to a close…and with it summer! The switch over to autumn always puts me in a cozy reading mood, especially since it’s taken longer and longer for the days to warm up in Colorado, even if we are still getting highs in the 80s. (I manage to ignore this by just staying inside after 2 pm. Take that, Indian summer!) But the good news for me is, I actually got a fair amount of reading done, even considering several DNFs of challenge books that just didn’t do it for me. (A shame too, because they had great illustrated covers!)
Here’s a look at the ones I completed (challenge books in bold):
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- The Good Widow by Liz Fenton & Lisa Steinke
- My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella (audio)
- Playing with Matches by Hannah Orenstein
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
Tell me in the comments below: did you read any great books with illustrated covers? What was your favorite read for September?