As a writer, sometimes you need feedback on a project or proposal from someone who has been there ahead of you. That’s why I offer consulting services on a limited basis. Contact me with the specifics of your project so I can see how I can help!
Full Manuscript Critique**
Contest Entry Critique/Edit
Contemporary romance (inspirational/clean)
**What’s the difference between a manuscript critique and a developmental/content edit?
Different people will have different answers, but here’s what I do in a manuscript critique:
- Identify potential problems with character, theme, or story that might affect its marketability or reader reception
- Point out strengths and weaknesses in writing or story, with suggestions on other tools or resources to help improve those areas
- Assess how well the story meets expectations for its genre, which can affect its marketability
What I do not do in a manuscript critique:
- Tell you how to fix the problems identified
- Change your writing
- Fact check (though I might point out areas that seem to be erroneous and/or hurt author credibility)
If you are an indie author preparing for publication, you will want to find a developmental editor. However, if you are an aspiring writer looking for an honest assessment of your work prior to submitting to an editor or agent, a manuscript critique should be sufficient.